Thursday, May 15, 2008

Seriously

I haven't posted a blog in years (actual time 1 week) and it's way too long since I've posted anything more than a sentence or two. Travel time along my brain's roads clocks in at a billion tps (thoughts per second), but that is not helping this blog sitch.

The past month has been a whirlwind of experiences for me. Some, like the cool evening air are familiar to me, while others have taken me completely by surprise. I often feel like I can't breathe indoors. I have theories for the why of this, but nothing is confirmed.

The hugeness and smallness of this life, just like the people who live it remain as much a mystery to me as my own soul. I can't believe the surprises held in a single day, both good and bad. I forgot about death. I forgot how being in love feels and how you can't tell a person how beautiful they are and expect them to believe you. I never cared so little or so much about details. I can't stand politicians and all their smack talk. They remind me of everything I dislike about government and this country and one person trying to control another. Running soothes me and exhilarates me at the same time and I realize I am a glutton for anything that does that.

This morning I fly to NYC and I am ready to be ready for what's next.

2 comments:

juliosantabanez said...

wow there is a lot in there. It looks like a couple of paragraphs yet those words and phrases you tie together are so meaty!

Martha Elaine Belden said...

beautiful post.

i love your candidness.