Monday, May 19, 2008

Stuff

I love NYC. I do not love Dallas.

This doesn't mean I'm moving to NYC. Just that I'm not moving to Dallas. Yes, my head is a little screwy after walking the walkways (lead me to the building) of the big city. I love a big city! I love the accents and the ethnic foods here! I really need a place with space, though. I need to see the sky and the sunset and you can't see that for all the impressive empirechryslerscrapers around here.

I've eaten the best creme brulee, meatball, falafel, chocolate chip cookie of me life and I went to a restaurant that serves only chocolate. I could seriously augustus gloop-out in a place like that.We saw the show August: Osage County and it was touching and humorous and thought-provoking. It felt perfect.

We spent sunny Saturday climbing and walking in Central Park. Then we saw the Wood Brothers play with special guests John Medeski, a drummer and AMOS LEE! I peed a little.

I've enjoyed my time here, and tomorrow I leave. Texas is a pretty cool place, but I'm itching to see more more more of this beautiful country. I don't know the meaning of "enough" unless you are talking about food. Even then I understand it to be temporary.

4 comments:

juliosantabanez said...

Ahhh! your CR-AAZY with the peed a little and what?

juliosantabanez said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
heather hub said...

the only thing missing from your list of delicious food is p-corn. (see, it's easy to work in)

i miss you. i know you don't like dallas, but come back.

Martha Elaine Belden said...

you make me smile.
like, a lot.

i wish i had hot air balloon hands.

and i wish you didn't hate it here so much. but i love that you love to travel. i wish i made time and saved funds more often so i could do it.