Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Lottery

In a blog from 2008 I listed what I’d do with lottery winnings or a sudden fortune. This is what I wrote:

What would I do if I suddenly became a billionaire?
1. This is an overwhelming "what if." I suppose I'd freak out in some way.
2. Pay off debt.
3. Buy a slave. I mean, a massage therapist.
4. Seek council.
5. Invest, put some away, blah, blah.
6. Help orphans.
7. TRAVEL.
8.Travel more. Greece, Spain, South America, Australia. Visit everyone I know living overseas.
9. Buy one of these.
10. Crap my pants. Not necessarily in this order.

I hold to this with a few addenda. I'd buy some gold and silver and make my own retirement plan. I would definitely maintain personal health and take preventative action by seeing a massage therapist weekly. I'd also commission a few of my artist friends to make me some art that would blow your mind. I'd quit my job, buy a house and write. Write and garden. So there. Did I mention I'd travel?

2 comments:

mister e said...

I'm especially with you on the weekly massage and commissioning my artist friends. Here's to the lottery!

Martha Elaine Belden said...

our lists are mighty similar.

i might swap out "faint" with "crap my pants" ... although, i'll admit, the body does as it wills. so who knows which i'd do, really?