Friday, April 17, 2009

Thai blog

Well so I haven't been around internet the past several days, but I have been writing some. So, the next several blogs will be me catching up and therefore, shortish.

On American holidays, why is it comforting to eat Asian food?

Our first eateries were actually closed on this sunny Easter Sunday before we found an open Chinese restaurant. Out of more than convenience, if I’m not partaking in any special lunch or dinners associated with my own holidays, then it’s nice to go somewhere you don’t seem to be missing out. Working on Christmas day or Thanksgiving Day makes me want to miss the cafeteria “E” for efforts imitation turkey dinners and just skip straight to sesame chicken and wonton soup.

This may not be comforting to some people, but it is sad to me when I can’t be with family when they are all together and so I’d rather be in an environment that assures me the world is going on even if my so-called holiday is a bust.

On a side note, I’ve recently decided that Thai food is one of my favorite kinds. Give me a spring roll and call me Happy.

No comments: